spelling errors!!

Here's a place to suggest/discuss improvements to the site.

Moderator: HypnoEMG

spelling errors!!

Postby lyra » August 9th, 2007, 12:10 am

[color=darkblue][/color]
-Don't know if you care but I spotted some spelling typos. "Duh-," GOAL is spelled- g o l e and it's g o a l. Everytime too! And there's an idea for a file that's "stop thinking you're stupid, and next to it, it says " the listener will stop and think they're stupid. when really what you mean is that they will stop thinking they are stupid.

A professional web site should be typo free. : )
lyra

Re: spelling errors!!

Postby HypnoEMG » August 9th, 2007, 8:41 pm

I do care, but you should be more exact in what you say as I didn't even know where the problem was. Right now I do not spell check every item that is suggested for the voting list. I've had days where someone suggested over 70 of them. If you want to go through and list them out for me I'll consider correcting them. Just list the voting item that has an error(s) and what they are.

[quote:64615e2f32="lyra"]
-Don't know if you care but I spotted some spelling typos. "Duh-," GOAL is spelled- g o l e and it's g o a l. Everytime too! And there's an idea for a file that's "stop thinking you're stupid, and next to it, it says " the listener will stop and think they're stupid. when really what you mean is that they will stop thinking they are stupid.

A professional web site should be typo free. : )[/quote:64615e2f32]
HypnoEMG
Mentor
Mentor

Postby liljonny » November 17th, 2007, 6:40 pm

I don't know if it is Firefox doing it , but when I misspell a word it is underlined, but the choices it gives as a replacement usually doesn't include the right word. I sometimes even have to get out the dictionary. On the other site you run, I have even seen things where it is not even clear what they mean. It almost looks like the poster is uneducated or didn't even try reading what they typed.
liljonny

Postby HypnoEMG » November 18th, 2007, 12:33 am

Yeah, some people simply cannot spell. Perhaps at some point I'll get picky and start spell-checking voting items, but I doubt it, I fear I have better uses for my time.

[quote:b94d21903c="liljonny"]I don't know if it is Firefox doing it , but when I misspell a word it is underlined, but the choices it gives as a replacement usually doesn't include the right word. I sometimes even have to get out the dictionary. On the other site you run, I have even seen things where it is not even clear what they mean. It almost looks like the poster is uneducated or didn't even try reading what they typed.[/quote:b94d21903c]
HypnoEMG
Mentor
Mentor

Postby whatthe75 » November 27th, 2007, 12:56 am

LYRA

I am glad i am not a person like you that makes themselves feel good by putting other people's efforts down.

If i ever need some negative energy i shall call on you.

Get a life.
whatthe75

Postby nillerz » July 27th, 2008, 8:05 pm

I don't think it's a browser thing but if it is then switch to Opera because it's standards compliant. I'm on it now and it all looks fine... though the validator says it's not standards compliant. I blame the CMS, not the owners. Perhaps I'm being a standards nazi, the site works, let's go with that.
nillerz

Return to Site Improvements